t2-prosthetics are designed to work as well as possible with adhesives
- Soft and flexible, the prosthesis squishes and bends easily, and the internal parts move individually in the lubricated skin, so that your movements don't work against the glue bond.
- The attachment U-plate design allows for air circulation
(cooling and evaporation), and for the entire prosthesis to move without pushing the attachment plate from your body
- Light weight
- Made from professional medical use silicones: no oily additives (oil stops the bond)
See terms and conditions for t2 prosthetics Adhesive Disclaimers.
See the 'back view photos' at t2 Simple and t2 Phase4 for a better view of how the plate is designed to stay put while the scrotum and penis are pushed and bent with your movements.
Problems reported with use of adhesives
Medical adhesives work very well for most - but not for everyone. For some, it ends up “gooey“, rather than “tacky“, and does not stick at all - and just leaves a gooey mess.
Also, some find adhesive too unreliable, or simply too messy.
Factors that influence the adhesive bond
of silicone based medical adhesives include:
- Design and materials of the
- Sweat (even if advertised as “not effected by
perspiration”, sweat does affect the glue bond.)
- Oil from the skin or from creams
- Current pH level of the skin
Note: If your skin is wet or damp when you apply the prosthesis, it will not adhere to the skin. In the case of high humidity or sweating – be certain to wipe the sky dry before applying the prosthesis, and check for proper adhesion a few minutes later as you may need to re-apply.
Water though, does not lessen the glue bond - swimming is no problem at all.
For other options besides using adhesive, see Attachment Methods
Hollister Medical Adhesive (Stock No. 7730)
Secure Brand Medical Adhesive - ‘extra strength thick’
|Pros ||Cons |
*If you choose the Secure Brand, a few tips:
1. Keep the
bottles closed tight to avoid evaporation.
2. When the glue becomes too thick to
easily and evenly spread over the plates, add some of the thinner to it and
leave it to settle. They will mix on their own.
3. For easy opening, wipe a
very thin layer of Vaseline (petroleum jelly) around the threads of the
4. Contact with oils and grease lessen the effect of the glue. Be sure to never get any Vaseline on the bottles or on the brushes.
Solvent / Adhesive Remover
Soap, warm water and a bit of rubbing work best to remove adhesive residue from the skin and hair.
To remove the adhesive build up from the prosthesis plate, you can simply cut it off with scissors when it becomes thick.
Success with the following
two products has been reported :
Pro Bond Solvent (Poduct code B-608-1 from Factor2.com)
Hollister Adhesive Remover 7731
How to buy
Secure Brand from Factor2 and Hollister 7730 are widely available online.
In many countries, Hollister 7730 can be ordered over the counter from a pharmacist.
Solvent / removers can be purchased where adhesives are purchased.